you’ll only be able to access the new Season 5 content if you’ve downloaded and installed the 15.0 update.
You can see the patch notes further down the page.
UPDATE: Fortnite developer Epic Games has released update 15.0 on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC and Android.
The game will be offline until approximately 9am GMT UK time, although there’s a chance it will return earlier than expected.
In the meantime, fans can download the new 15.0 update, which introduces a new Battle Pass, new map locations and lots more.
“The Zero Point is exposed, but no one escapes the Loop, not on your watch,” reads the Epic Games post.
“Recruit the greatest hunters across all Realities to stop the Island from falling into complete Chaos.”
As part of the new season, players will perform missions for the new Hunters that have appeared on the island.
New weapons will also be introduced, including fortnite v bucks generator the Dragon’s Breath Shotgun, and the Mandalorian’s Amban Sniper Rifle.
New map locations include a gladiator Coliseum, a jungle area and the Zero Point wastelands.
Check out the updated patch notes below for a look at what’s new.
Fortnite Season 5 Zero Point is out now (Image: EPIC GAMES)
Fortnite update 15.0 patch notes and new features…
The Hunt is On
• The Zero Point is exposed, but no one escapes the Loop, not on your watch. Join Agent Jones and the greatest hunters from across Realities like The Mandalorian in a chaotic battle that will shape the future of the Island…
New Hunting Grounds
• New hunters means new locations from beyond the Loop. Battle for honor in an ancient arena, sharpen your survival skills in the jungle, and explore the shifting crystalline sands flowing from the exposed Zero Point.
Help for Hire
• As a hunter, it’s your duty to help the Island’s Characters in their unstable new reality. Take on their quests and bounties, get intel on your surroundings, or hire them to be your ally. Don’t want to negotiate? Challenge them to a duel and reap the rewards.
Spend Your Wages
• The new Characters only accept one form of payment: Bars! Earn Bars by completing quests and bounties, eliminating players, or finding hidden stashes around the Island. Spend your earned Bars on new Exotic weapons, upgrades, intel, services and more.
Fortnite Battle Pass skin rewards (Image: EPIC GAMES)
New Weapons, New Tricks
• New weapons let you attack in novel ways. Unleash your fiery rage with the Dragon’s Breath Shotgun, switch between melee and ranged with the Mandalorian’s Amban Sniper Rifle, track your target with the Night Hawk, and more. Hunters and vendors are also working to bring you more weapons throughout the season, so keep an eye out!
All-New Battle Pass
• Agent Jones has brought in the greatest Hunters across Realities to the Island. Pick up the Season 5 Battle Pass and unlock Mancake the fighting Flapjack, Mave the shapeshifter and the ultimate bounty hunter, The Mandalorian, with his companion The Child.
• The hunters on the Island are only the first to arrive from outside the Loop… Throughout the Season, Agent Jones will bring in even more hunters from the Realities beyond. Who will be next?
Fortnite Season 5 map (Image: EPIC GAMES)
ORIGINAL: Fortnite fans are counting down to the start of Season 5, which is just a few hours away.
Fortnite Season 5 has a December 2 release date on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC and Android.
Where things get a little more confusing is the launch time. The in-game clock is counting down to 5am GMT (12am ET).
However, Epic Games describes this as the “prep state” for Season 5. When the clock hits 5am GMT, a new period of server downtime will begin lasting approximately four hours.
Needless to say, the server downtime launches alongside update 15.00, which must be downloaded in order to start playing the new season.